Institute of Leadership & Development (ILD) was officiated by YB Dato’ Seri Idris Jusoh, Minister of Higher Education, Malaysia on 23 August 2016. The inauguration ceremony was held at its newly completed campus near Bandar Enstek, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan. The campus construction works started in 2012 under Private Fund Initiatives and handed over to UiTM on 22 July 2016. Its full operation commenced on 1 August 2016.
The institute conducts leadership and staff development programs for all UiTM staffs consisting of lecturers, managerial and supporting staffs. Given its state-of-the-art training facilities, the institute also welcomes other public sector as well as private sector agencies to use its facilities at a competitive rate.
ILD was formerly a two separate entity namely:
- Bahagian Latihan, Jabatan Pembangunan Sumber Manusia (JPbSM), Pejabat Pendaftar
- Institut Kepimpinan dan Pengurusan Kualiti/ Institute of Leadership and Quality Management (iLQAM)
After UiTM-wide function and operation review exercise these two entities were combined to form ILD. Upon its formation in July 2015, the main function of the institute is to ensure all the training and human development programs fulfill the current needs of the university in its course to produce staff with exceptional performance as well as outstanding leadership skill. Other functions of the institute include:
- Planning and conducting integrated and structured training to further refine UiTM staf skills.
- Conduct assessments on the effectiveness of the organized programs in term of impacts on the trainees and the organization.
- Ensure the implementation of programs is executed as plan and complies with public sector human resource training policy.